question

Hendrik van Vuuren avatar image
Hendrik van Vuuren asked

How can you manage grid feedback on a single multi ESS setup so that your daily utility consumption remains zero or possibly set it to allow only say 5kWh back to the grid on a daily basis.

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

the current software does not have this feature yes you can see the export figure and the imported figure and thus the net total of in or out watts, but there is NO control available that I know of to do what you are wanting.

Now saying that you could make one that controls the grid set point in the ESS and you could move that Grid setpoint using a program up to a positive figure to take grid power or a negative figure to export to grid - based on the net figure and the figure you wanted.

As far as I know this Program is NOT available at this time.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Pierre avatar image Pierre commented ·
Many thanks for the answer. It would be nice to have such a feature to prevent too much feed back into the grid. I will be looking out if such a feuture is ever added.
0 Likes 0 ·
Pierre avatar image
Pierre answered ·

I am sure it must be possible, I have asked a similar question before, but funny enough no reply. If the system measures how much I have taken from the grid and how much I have returned to the grid, I cannot see why one cannot set the system to stop feeding back when a specific percentage of the usage has been returned. I hope someone will answer this, I am not clever enough to start doing this with a Raspberry PI, but guys are saying that could be an option.

2 |3000