question

mhrekik avatar image
mhrekik asked

Interface VE.Direct-à-RS232

Bonjour,

Dans le cadre d’un projet, on utilise le port Ve-direct du mon convertisseur Victron energy 150/60 pour communiquer avec un automate via RS232, pour cela on utilise le câble Interface VE.Direct-à-RS232. Pouvez-vous nous envoyer le schéma de cablage interne de ce adaptateur ?

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

It's unlikely that there is a circuit diagram for such a thing in the public domain.
I imagine it's pretty basic though. Imagine a MAX232 to do the RS232 - TTL conversion and then a digital isolator for the TTL side (maybe Si8422 or something like that).

Consult the datasheets for those translator and isolator devices and then it will be easy to figure out a functional circuit diagram for your own use.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

joanspark avatar image joanspark commented ·
The one I got here sports a LM555CM timer that is supposed to make the -15V for RS232 TX and +5V as supply for the ADuM1201AZR, which is the isolating chip. Per what I currently know the board I got is incomplete from manufacturing or flawed designed and failed completely once I applied +12Vdc to DTR on the RS232 side to power it.
0 Likes 0 ·
mhrekik avatar image
mhrekik answered ·

in this case , we use this cable ( see below ) and we need the internal connection of this interfacevedirect-to-rs232-interface.jpghttps://www.victronenergy.fr/accessories/ve-direct-to-rs232-interface#certificates

1 comment
2 |3000

joanspark avatar image joanspark commented ·

Did you work the internal circuitry out yet?

0 Likes 0 ·