question

msmolow avatar image
msmolow asked

low voltage cut out time delay

Multiplus 3000 low voltage cut out is set to 12.1 per battery manufacturer. If I have a heavy amperage draw such as a hair dryer I will sometimes get an initial momentary voltage drop to 12.1 before it settles in at 12.3.

The initial momentary dip triggers a Multiplus alarm and stops inverting. Lowering the low voltage cut out value is not the best option because it conflicts the the BMS battery shutdown and I'd like the Multiplus to stop inverting before the BMS shuts down the battery.

I can not find a time delay setting for the low voltage cut out to take effect. Am I not seeing it?

Thanks

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
michael2019 avatar image
michael2019 answered ·

Hi Msmolow. There is no solution within the confine of my knowledge and experience. The Multiplus runs based on a command. When this low cut off voltage is reached, the Multiplus will respond to the command without any delay. As a matter of fact, the low voltage cut off is a protective measure for the battery life and the multiplus will not hesitate to carry out this command as it is a vital command that has a great effect on your battery life. From your explanation, it shows that the battery is getting closer to the low battery cut-off. Even at the load of the hair dryer, when the state of charge is higher, the voltage drop will be minimal.

Kindly wait for more responses if there would be solution to what you consider as an issue. There is no provision for delay before the low battery voltage cut-off is executed from the program.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

msmolow avatar image
msmolow answered ·

After some further research I found that Magnum inverters have a low voltage cut out setting with a one minute delay and a separate low voltage cut out setting with no delay.

It appears Magnum understands my issue and has addressed it.

2 |3000