question

arke avatar image
arke asked

Quattros not taking in power from AC1

Hi

Last night i started up my system after just finished the installation.

System consists of:

3 Quattro 48 volt, 15 kva in three phase configuration.

4 MPPT 250/100

1 CCGX

100 kWh Lithium batteries. Usable voltage between 38 - 49.1 volt.

1 REC BMS

I have grid power connected to each Quattro on AC1 (one phase for each Quattro). Have configured ESS assistant. Using German grid code. Battery Life optimized. Input current limit to 30A on AC1.

Everything works fine exept the inverters are not taking in any power from AC1. I depleted the batteries down to the lower limit and the inverters shut off. I must be missing some check box somewhere?

The chargers in the Quattros wont kick in either.

Have checked that all Quattros have the same settings, assistants etc.

//Ari

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
boekel avatar image
boekel answered ·

wild guess without more infomation:

Did you check phase sequence? try changing two phases on input.

when looking into remote panel, what voltage is shown at the multi's?

edit: Hmm with wrong phase sequence I think it should go into pass through mode...

Did you check BMS parameters in remote panel?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

arke avatar image arke commented ·

Hi Boekel

Phase sequence is correct. Correct voltage reading on AC1 in is also present in all three units. The REC BMS says everything is okay.

It must be a simple fault that i have done. Most errors are face palm type...

I wonder if battery life algorithm needs some time to get hold on things?

//Ari

0 Likes 0 ·
boekel avatar image boekel ♦ arke commented ·

I'd suggest walk through the system with a Victron installer experienced with these systems. Indeed probably a simple thing, but on such a big system it is good to check everything really well, due to high currents involved.

what do the bms parameters say in Remote Panel?

and what's displayed on the main screen?

ESS settings?

etc. etc.

0 Likes 0 ·
arke avatar image
arke answered ·

Hi

Problem solved. Boekel, your suggestion of checking the phase order was the answer to the error. The city power company has mixed the phases and colors from the street.

Thank you for your help with this!

1 comment
2 |3000

boekel avatar image boekel ♦ commented ·

good to hear :)

Guess how I found out...test system so extension cable to setup. But If I recall correctly my system went into passthrough mode.

0 Likes 0 ·