question

robertg66 avatar image
robertg66 asked

ESS Not Working - Bulk charging - Not discharging - Overload error - Pyl Bat 99%

Hi,

I need some help, after 3 days of trying all options I am loosing faith!

I have 2 MultiPlus-II 5KV Parallel (firmware 481), Cerbo GX (firmware 2.63 - coming from 2.58 -2.62), Fronius Primo 6k (working okay), Pylontech 6 x US3000, ESS Installed and configured on both devices. When not in ESS mode all works fine (Inverting, Charging, Passtrough, 'Off-grid', etc). Only when in ESS mode it all goes wrong!

When switched on the Multiplus goes to 'Bulk charge'. Starts to charge batteries and starts fluctuating. Fluctuating from 300 watt to 800 watt in a constant sinus on the Grid side. MP-II's are moaning when power is on it top. MP-II's keep fluctuating and charging for 15 - 40 minutes and than an 'Overload error' (most times on the Slave). Complete reset and it starts over again or the Main Fuse trips and they go in 'Inverter mode'.

Even when batteries are at 99% it's doing this. Have reinstalled and tried all the settings over and over again.

1613842031260.png

I added the configuration files (remove .TXT ;)

ESS Settings are:

1613842508175.png

1613842557831.png

1613843194327.pngNone of the 'Scheduled Charging' options work. ESS does not react to any setting. So now all disabled.

1613843405888.png

Posted an earlier question (thanks for the help). After new firmware and trying I could pin it down to ESS.

Love to hear what's wrong or what I am doing wrong. Dealer came with the option to send them both back to Victron (he is lost to). Hopefully somebody can have a look before we send them back.

Robert

Victron Multi Setting Inc ESS Assistant.vms.txt

ESS
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

robertg66 avatar image robertg66 commented ·

Remark: After installing an configuring ESS I need to install the firmware on the MP-II to make them work again. Deleting the ESS Assistant is not enough, or doesn't do the trick.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

In "Grid feed-in" you have "Limit system feed-in" enabled and set to 0W, but then you have "Feed in limiting active: No".

That means Fronius PV inverter is not configured properly.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

robertg66 avatar image robertg66 commented ·

I know 'Feed in limiting active' was on No. Fronius was already asleep when I grabbed that picture. When the Fronius is active it it's 'Yes' and working perfectly. No worries here ;) It throttles the Feed-in almost back to zero.

I also used the PV Assistant (instead of ESS) and it throttles the Fronius.

0 Likes 0 ·
robertg66 avatar image
robertg66 answered ·

Update: I managed to get ESS working for 1 hour. This was thanks to changes in the general and grid settings. Changed the Amp's to 5 A (10 A in total). Also changed settings as Weak AC.

I know now the problem is related to the grid. It's up to the Dealer to sort this out.

Robert

4 comments
2 |3000

seb71 avatar image seb71 commented ·

I don't see how your Victron dealer can fix the grid in your area. It's the job of your electric company.

0 Likes 0 ·
robertg66 avatar image robertg66 seb71 commented ·

Hi,

Because he has the password for the grid settings to switch off the LOM to try if this is causing the problem (or AUX1). Also because there are improvement made in the 481 version regarding overloads when the LOM is giving the problems. I think it's good when he takes over now knowing that there are extra loggings regarding his problem.

I found another post that discribes the same problem ;).

Robert

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 robertg66 commented ·

Just for testing, the most "relaxed" grid code is "Other". ("None" can't be used with ESS).

0 Likes 0 ·
robertg66 avatar image robertg66 seb71 commented ·

Thanks!!!

0 Likes 0 ·