question

yann-berry avatar image
yann-berry asked

[MPPT 100 30 smart] "Charger Enabled" option in VE connect app

In bulk mode when my battery is half charged the MPPT and the Orion can deliver 30A each. That makes 60A (scarce situation I know but it's possible). Then I want to be able to switch off the MPPT manually while I drive my car and switch on again when I stop driving. What do you think of doing it simply thanks to the VE connect app through the "Charger Enabled" switch in the MPPT settings ? Victron warns us that this switch is intended for maintenance purposes only. Why ?
Many thanks for your answers !
MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Yann Berry,

you can use that switch from within VictronConnect without any problems.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

yann-berry avatar image yann-berry commented ·

Hi @Stefanie,

Thank you for your answer. And do you know why Victron warns us about the use of this switch off of the MPPT ?

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ yann-berry commented ·

Hi Yann,

to be honest I've no idea. But I wouldn't see this as a serious warning in terms of "you have to fear damage" when you switch the MPPT off. It's rather a note that the switch is intended for maintenance purpose only.

0 Likes 0 ·