question

mozmb avatar image
mozmb asked

Bluesolar MPPT 150/70 max power input recording too high

My BlueSolar Mppt 150/70 is showing maximum power inputs that are too high for my solar panels to deliver. I have 3x PV 275W panels in series. My MPPT 150/70 often gives maximum power inputs above 825W. So far the highest recorded input has been 1190W! It has recorded power inputs around 900W and 1000W. Temperatures are above 12C (it's summer here atm).

MPPT SmartSolar
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

The truth of the charge figures is easy to check if you have a voltage and clamp meter.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@mozmb

Panels and mppts are rated at 25°C so their expected out put at 25°C is 3x275w. But since your temperatures are lower you are able to produce more.

That is why the 150V is a hard limit on the mppt.

If you would like to see graphically the effect of temperatures on your setup you can download the mppt spreadsheet from Victron and input your panel data.

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/software/VE-MPPT-Calc-2_4.xlsx&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjD3Zq30ZXuAhV1QEEAHQDDBVYQFjACegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw23PulX8G8c_ADx6HJTnUWt

I have seen over 940W from 2x 360W panels easily in cooler weather. Sometimes even more when you get thc cloud edge effect where the panels were shaded and cold then it suddenly clears.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

mozmb avatar image
mozmb answered ·

Thank you fro the reply.

That explains everything. I think the cloud edge effect (new info for me) is the culprit. I did have concerns that the irradiation had something to do with the problem. The PV output voltage is consistently about 105 Vdc, it's the current that jumps around a fair bit. Cheers from Australia.

2 |3000