question

giorgio avatar image
giorgio asked

ESS system not starting

I made an ESS system with Cerbo GX Quattro ET340 with a PV inverter connected upstream of the Quattro on one channel of the ET340.

The four starts when the grid fails but does not start when the PV inverter stops producing.

I have installed the ESS assistant, disabled the virtual switch and configured CEI-021 as Grid code and LOM type B.

Do I need to configure anything else? Thanks

ESS
4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Giorgio

We would probably need more info. Like are your batteries ok? Has your Quattro been configured to charge them from grid correctly (in your case from the pv).

Is the PV on AC1 or AC2 input? If your disconnect all your ac inputs and outputs does the Quattro startup in stand alone inverter mode?

0 Likes 0 ·
giorgio avatar image giorgio Alexandra ♦ commented ·

The batteries are ok. The quattro is configured for charging. Only the AC1 input is connected to the mains. If I disconnect AC1 from the electricity grid, the inverter starts on the island and powers the loads. If I leave the electricity grid connected to AC1 and stop the PV inverter connected to AC1 through the second phase of the ET340, the Victron 4 does not start in the island by disconnecting from AC1.layout-impianto.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
layout-impianto.jpg (74.6 KiB)
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ giorgio commented ·

The energy meter, is it connected to the gx? Following the article

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/energy-meters:et340

0 Likes 0 ·
giorgio avatar image giorgio Alexandra ♦ commented ·

It is connected as indicated in the Victron documents. It is read regularly by the Cerbo GX. Access the VRM portal with giorgio.cavalera@outlook.it Alexandra2021

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
giorgio avatar image
giorgio answered ·

It is connected as indicated in the Victron documents. It is read regularly by the Cerbo GX. Access the VRM portal with giorgio.cavalera@outlook.it Alexandra2021

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.