question

Paul B avatar image
Paul B asked

Multiplus II 48/5000 in ESS Limit charge power is missing

Hi, I have a site that is missing the Limit charge Power both sites have AC coupled PV attached

1609578066958.png

Site 1 ...- The multiplus II site is single phase with a CCXG Installed, also on this site

Site 2..- The secound Multiplus site is 3 Phase site . with a Cerbo Installed

Does anyone know how to get this option to show

yet I have another site however thats a Multiplus 48/5000 and it has the option

1609577677156.png

ESS
1609577677156.png (39.5 KiB)
1609578066958.png (36.5 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Do both systems run the same GX firmware?
Take a look into the DVCC settings.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

ones on 2.60 the other is 2.6~7 (this is my home system the multiplus II)

I also checked the DVCC before as well and tried stuff there that others had sugested but still nothing, Have not rolled the ccgx back to 2.60 at this point though

1 comment
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

Just rolled it back to 2.60 and no change still missing the limit charge power option

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

I have a DC coupled system (two MPPT SmartSolar chargers).

Cerbo GX with 2.60 firmware.

Multiplus II.

SmartShunt.

Using ESS.

I do not have "Limit charge power" in ESS settings, but I have "Maximum charge current" in DVCC settings.

5 comments
2 |3000

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

same with my site but turning OFF DVCC on my site makes it reappear in the ESS,

Tried changing all settings there in the DVCC and unless you turn it off It just does not apear,

O well at least I know why, now a proper reason would be interesting

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 Paul B commented ·

"now a proper reason would be interesting"

Maybe you only want DVCC for DC coupled systems?

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B seb71 commented ·

I am running a BMV 712 so using the DVCC so that it uses the BMV voltage reading

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image seb71 Paul B commented ·

But with an AC coupled system, would not be more important to be able to limit the charging power (to not damage the batteries) than to use DVCC?

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image Paul B seb71 commented ·

the batteries I have can take max of 400 amps of charge at 48v if need be and the multiplus can only supply a max of 70, so amount of charge is a non issue for me, I was more looking at slowing the recharge down early morning and setting up schedule charging, but instead ill use the grid setpoint and the SOC level, so That I dont fill the batteries before the sun shines etc

I am also not suppose to export power but my meter is the older disc job and it goes backwards if i EXPORT so as long my reading month to month is greater than the prior reading Its no issue as no one knows, (cheap buffer storage) but I would like to use the grid as little as possible.

As one day they may change the meter, so its best to get my systems working so that I dont need to export

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Have just turned DVCC OFF and then the Limit charge Power apears in the ESS menu

2 |3000

fred48 avatar image
fred48 answered ·

Well, I have the same issue. The set up "limit charge power" (from AC input) in ESS should allow to avoid charging from the energy source connected to AC input, e.g. grid, but use PV power instead. The set up "maximum Charge current" in DVCC should define the max current at all independant from the source.

Therefore both features should be available independantly.

How to manage?

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic