question

VS V avatar image
VS V asked

ESS bug with 0% Minimum SOC ==> discharging not stopped after reaching 0% SOC.

Hi Victron team!

Today I have found the bug in ESS assistant (Venus OS v2.60):

if you set 0% Minimum SOC in BL disabled mode, then system cannot stop discharging batteries after reaching 0% SOC with grid connected.

I waited 20 minutes after SOC reached 0.0%, but system remains in BL disabled mode and did not switch to using the grid (batteries continue to discharge with about 4 A current).

I think, that the ESS assistant in this case expecting -0.1% SOC for stop discharging batteries, but it is not possible. So, exception needed in the ESS assistant for 0% SOC.

(My system: Multiplus Compact 24/2000/50-30 with 2x200 Ah Gel batteries; BlueSolar MPPT 150/35 with 1.2kWp solar panels; BMV-702, Venus OS on RPi. )

ESS
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@VSV

How are you measuring SOC?

And why are you discharging Gel batteries so low? They are not designed for cycling like that.

0 Likes 0 ·
VS V avatar image VS V Alexandra ♦ commented ·

BMV-702 used to measure SOC.

Every GEL battery can be fully discharged about 400 times according datasheet. I discharged them to 0% SOC for testing capacity. Also, I can say, that 1-2 full discharges per year will prolong battery life. So, I will repeat full discharge 6 months later.

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers