shentschel asked

ESS FEED-IN LIMITING

Hi need some help activating the feed-in limiter dc coupled ,

mppt 150/100 ver 1.54

multiplus 48/5000/70-100 ver 476

color cont. ver 2.6

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
fixitbaz avatar image
fixitbaz answered ·

Hi have have setup my feed in below and all is working correctly, however to comply with the DNO application here in the UK with my energy supply I need this section of the software to be password protected is this possible ?

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
You can password protect the whole remote console, no individual pages or settings.
0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@shentschel

You do need to have the ESS assistant programmed on the Multiplus

Then in the GX menu it is:-

Settings - ESS - Grid feed in (down about 8 places) -

You should see this screen, you can then enable and set it as you would like to.

1604663377765.png

1604663377765.png (26.8 KiB)
7 comments
2 |3000

shentschel avatar image shentschel commented ·

Thanks all of that is done, get the same menu but the "feed-in limiting active" stays NO, feeding in all the available power .

0 Likes 0 ·
Maciek Haranczyk avatar image Maciek Haranczyk commented ·

I have a similar setup. Do you know what conditions do need to be fulfilled for the "Feed-in limiting active:No" to become "Yes" ?

In my case, when I turn feeding-in DC coupled PV, I am exporting max of the available energy and when I set it off, I am not exporting anything.

The value set under "Maximum feed-in" does not seen to have any effect - whatever I introduce, I export the max and the "Feed-in limiting active" always stays at "No"

0 Likes 0 ·
shentschel avatar image shentschel Maciek Haranczyk commented ·

Hi you need to select a feed-in compatible grid code for it to work.

0 Likes 0 ·
Michael Gane avatar image Michael Gane shentschel commented ·

where do we set that? i'm having the same issue

0 Likes 0 ·
maha avatar image maha Maciek Haranczyk commented ·

It's a bug in the software!

See here:

Limit dc charging power

0 Likes 0 ·
Maciek Haranczyk avatar image Maciek Haranczyk maha commented ·

Thanks Maha..I do not know German to dive in the forum linked to your post...

However, I see in your snapshot that your feed-in limit is Active:Yes. Is it because of the AC-coupled part ?

0 Likes 0 ·
maha avatar image maha Maciek Haranczyk commented ·

Feed-in limit is active but the dc-load will not be limited for charging the batteries! So all the power of the MPPT will send to the batteries. The grid-load is restricted to 6.800 W. The max. power of the panels for the Fronius is 9750Wp and in germany 70% is the max. power which can feed in.

0 Likes 0 ·