question

Poul Erik Johansen avatar image
Poul Erik Johansen asked

IP67 charger and MPPT 75/15 Solar charger

I have an IP67 charger and an MPPT 75/15 Solar charger connected to the same lithium battery and I was wondering, if I should pay any special attention or change the default configuration (using LION on both devices). The reason I'm asking is that it looks to me as if the MPPT has "it's own life" and doesn't see that the battery is fully charged, when the MPPT wakes up in the morning. and therefor is on "bulk" for several hours before entering "float". Can it cause damage? Or should I simply disconnect the MPPT when I'm on mains?

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
jeroend avatar image
jeroend answered ·

Are you not protecting your Li-Ion battery with a BMS that is able to trigger High Voltage Cutoff / Low Voltage Cutoff signals? It is those signals you can use to 'remotely' turn off/on the MPPT via the VE.Direct port. Generally Li-Ion cells do not like to be topped-up all the time but this may well be all taken care of by your BMS. A little too less information to say anything on that ;-)

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Poul Erik Johansen avatar image
Poul Erik Johansen answered ·

The battery has a built in BMS.

2 |3000