question

mike-deau avatar image
mike-deau asked

MPPT 75/15 - not delivering power to load with "100%" SOC batteries

Problem: When my batteries start the day with "100%" SOC (don't worry, it's not 100% nameplate capacity, just 100% of software SOC) and I place a load on the system all of the power for the system comes out of the battery with no power contributed from the full sun 340W panel.

If possible, I would like to keep the battery topped off and all power for the load provided by the solar setup. Is there a setting or checkbox that I am missing?

Also, to complicate things, the system is currently controlled by an external BMS.

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

If the battery Voltage is above MPPT's current target Voltage then it will not attempt to charge.
Example, if the MPPT is in float mode which is set at 13.8V then it will produce power to maintain this Voltage. If the battery Voltage is above this level then it will not need to produce anything until the battery Voltage starts to drop below the set 13.8V.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.