question

sectorsolar avatar image
sectorsolar asked

New MPPT 250/100Tr Ve.Can not picking up in CGX

Good Day.

We have installed 2 new MPPT 250/100 Smart Ve.CAN controllers onto a system. They pick up perfectly when connecting to the venuxGX on VE.Direct but if we want to use the CAnbus configuration, we simply cannot get them to show up in the VenusGX.

We have the termination connections on both ends installed. We have done the settings under Services.

Can someone please assist us in getting these controllers to work over the canbus profile?

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

This should just work. I have two 150/70 devices on my setup.
These are my settings:

Can you see anything within the Devices menu from this menu?

Are the cables proper manufactured cables? Not home terminated.
Are the cables fully wired? A cable with just the two Rx Tx pairs may work for Ethernet, but VE.Can uses the pair on pin 7 and 8 (brown pair).

1597572924858.png (23.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sectorsolar avatar image
sectorsolar answered ·

Good Day.

Thank you for your response. Yes all cables are manufactured cables from Victron

It also does not pick up under the devices under the menu.

We have gone the Ve. Direct route and it works. We think the venusGX has a firmware problem with the latest VE Can MPPT controllers, as the cerbo picks it up just fine.

2 |3000

sharpidea avatar image
sharpidea answered ·

To make this work I have to revert back to the previous Cerbo GX firmware version, works fine now, update, this worked for a few days and then stopped showing up on the Cerbo again! So this is not a fix, sorry

2 |3000