question

lawrence-craig avatar image
lawrence-craig asked

Victron MPPT 100/30 showing as off

Hi there. I am having an issue with my SmartSolar MPPT 100/30 which is only 2 weeks old.

The solar charger is showing as off. When I test the voltage of the PV terminals, it is showing as 19-20V but less than 13 on the charge controller.

This was taken at 6pm in Greece with the PV perpendicular to the sun with no shading. As you can see, was working ok this morning and ok for a bit yesterday, but nothing in comparison to 2 days ago.

I know my batteries are full but should it not be showing as Float mode not off?

Thanks.

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
lawrence-craig avatar image
lawrence-craig answered ·

Ah wait a minute, I think I may be misunderstanding. I measure the V of the panels and they are showing 20-21V yet the charger is showing Vmax as 19.7V which is less than 5V above the battery voltage.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

@Lawrence Craig There is a very useful help function "Why is my charger off?" What does it say when you click on it?

2 |3000