question

rlyoung1952 avatar image
rlyoung1952 asked

MPPT 150/35 Factory Defaults

I have a MPPT 150/35 that was recently replaced by my RV manufacture while in for warrantee work. When they installed the MPPT 150/35 they connected the solar to the battery input and the battery to the solar input. It ran like that for a least 15 minute until I said the battery voltage is way too high. The then corrected it. Since then my display only shows it in bulk even when the battery voltage is over 15 volts. The setting 02 BATERY VOLTAGE indicates 24 Volts. If I would use the factory defaults would this correct all the setting that could be wrong during initial installation. I read that it determines if voltage initially and will not change automatically after that.

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

If you disconnect the MPPT completely, both battery and solar for 15 minutes then it should reset to 12V.

Performing a factory reset does not reset the battery Voltage, this could cause many problems.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.