question

bossrox avatar image
bossrox asked

Bootstraping a different brand mppt with a Victron?

I got an Epever 80 amp mppt before I moved up to a Victron 150/100. I need to add more panels but with a 24v system, I've already maxed out the allowable panel wattage to the Victron.

I'll be upgrading to a 48v inverter in the future where the Victron will take the extra panels but until then, will bootstraping the Epever to the Victron cause any damage to it if I have both set to the same settings?

If it can, I suspect & would I be correct that the Victron might get confused on what state it needs to be in with another charger feeding the system?

Example: Like if the Victron goes to float & the other brand is on bulk or absorb or visa versa, is the voltage differential a potential hazard?

I want to be sure I won't toast the pricey Victron, the other I don't care.

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
maxxpwr avatar image
maxxpwr answered ·

Your correct, the voltage measurement differences between the two units (they won't read the same voltage) will cause them to hunt each other or be in competing modes. cheers

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.