question

esox67 avatar image
esox67 asked

MPPT 75/15 not showing watts or amps

My MPPT has been working fine and I have done no recent alterations, but now it has stopped. showing watts or amps. The unit also flashes both lights (yellow and green) almost in sync at fast pace. I have two lithium 100 Ah battery fitted. I currently connected on mains charger. I have tried disconnecting the mains and putting the batteries under load to see if the MPPT starts charging but it doesn't. Checked the fuses but they are ok. I have tried a few times to reset the unit.

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
rickp avatar image
rickp answered ·

The manual shows this for yellow and green lights flashing:

Fault situations LEDs

Charger or panel over-voltage

I’m not sure what might have caused it, but if you’ve disconnected the charger in testing, you might look at the PV Source.

Manual is here, the fault codes on page 7:

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-SmartSolar-charge-controller-MPPT-75-10-75-15-100-15-100-20-EN-NL-FR-DE-ES-SE-.pdf

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Hi @Esox67 You mention you have Lithium, but uou have a gel profile. Either change to the default Lithium profile or create one as per manufacturer specification as a start.

2 |3000

esox67 avatar image
esox67 answered ·

Hi thanks for your help. Reset MPPT and rechecked the connectors when I checked the voltage at battery end it was 5 volt less than at the voltage at the MPPT I peeled back the heat shrink on the connector (negative side) at spotted some copper oxide. Cleaned up the connector and we are working again. Puzzled as this setup is just over a year old. Will replace the entire wire when I return home. Thanks again,

2 |3000