question

vagrantuk avatar image
vagrantuk asked

Compatability twixt smart battery sense and VE direct smart Dongle

1. Hello. I have an 100/75 mppt blue solar charger with a ve direct smart Bluetooth dongle. I also have a smart battery sense HQ1749TS4QP Firmware 1.05.

The battery sense dongle is recognising and recognised by my BMV 712 meter, but nothing for the mppt regulator. Not even an option for networking.

Is there anyway of rectifying this, or do I have to accept something is out of date and needs replacing.

Thanks in anticipation. Peter.

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@Vagrantuk, please check the PN on the back of your VE.Direct BT Dongle: if it ends in 0 (ASS030536010) then the dongle is not VE.Smart Networking compatible and needs to be replaced with a newer model with PN ending in 1 (ASS030536011).

See the VE.Smart Networking manual here for more information/compatibility/etc.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

vagrantuk avatar image vagrantuk commented ·

Thanks very much. My dongle, as you say, is out of date. I appreciate your help.

0 Likes 0 ·
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Alas, older bluetooth dongles are not compatible with VE.Smart Networking.
There is a table in the VE.Smart Networking manual:

Product Old Incompatible Part-number New Compatible Part-number
VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart dongle ASS030536010 ASS030536011

This is a link to the manual:
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/victronconnect:ve-smart-networking#smartsolar_mppts_that_do_not_support_vesmart_networking

1 comment
2 |3000

vagrantuk avatar image vagrantuk commented ·

Thanks very much for taking the time to answer what to you is probably a very basic question. I appreciate it. Cheers.

0 Likes 0 ·