question

leftishut avatar image
leftishut asked

2 Mppt 150/45 - tr in parallel - Why does it switch to float at 80%?

I have 2 Mppt 150/45 - tr in parallel - float blinks green every so often, and does not charge to 100%. It goes to about 80% and goes to float (I think, never see it happen).

I assume they are doing their job and slowly filling the batteries based on usage and sun. History shows they hit 28.81 each day since we moved into sun. I just want to make sure. I never see the 100% reading anymore.

System details, 200ah battleborn lithium battery bank. 1600wat of solar. Plenty of sun.

Settings provided by battleborn.

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
klim8skeptic avatar image
klim8skeptic answered ·

Going by your history charts the mppt has been charging your batteries fully each day.

If you touch one of the vertical history bars you will get the breakdown of time spent in bulk, absorb or float.

The reason the MPPT charger has not been spending much time in absorb, is due to the voltage when the charger wakes up each morning being quite high.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

leftishut avatar image
leftishut answered ·

Thank you. I did not know that.

So I turned off the connectivity between the two solar controllers and the battery monitor and now it’s charges to 100%.

I don’t understand completely but I guess we are good.

2 |3000