question

alexander-buenano avatar image
alexander-buenano asked

SmartSolar MPPT 100/50 very low Watt/Amp in Bulk state

Hi,

I just start having problems with my setting after a couple of years working fine. I have eight (8) 150W PV connected to get 40V (Voc 22.5V, Lsc 9.05 A) down to a MPPT 100/50 controller. Two series + 4 Parallel. Total PV power 1200 Wp.

The battery bank is 24V. Currently the system has a load around ~200W (~1.73 A).

As you can see in the attached image, the controller reported in that instant ~40V from the PVs, which I think is fine. However, no amps. Eventually, there is activity with peaks up to 20W (0.5A). Image attached.

I double check the voltage of each PV and cable patch conductivity. I discarded the battery fuse, it is working fine. I reseted the controller a couple of times.

I’m starting to thinks the controller is having issues. How would I troubleshoot to discard problems in this component?

Thank you in advance

MPPT SmartSolar
ve-direct-smart.png (85.0 KiB)
ve-direct-smart.png (108.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
beauguidry avatar image
beauguidry answered ·

I had this same issue, I tried removing the controller from the network, and reset it, not sure which worked or how but it eventually started working again later in the day.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.