question

teemischer avatar image
teemischer asked

Do not display AC Out?

HI,

is it possible to remove AC OUT from showing up in the main screen of GX?

I do not have anything connected to AC OUT, but all my loads are connected and correctly shown as "Critical Loads".

My main annoyance with AC OUT Showing are:

- Takes up room on display without adding value

- Showing wrong information (nothing is connected, so there cannot be any loads, but it shows power consumption)

thanks

ESS
1593265763284.png (200.9 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @teemischer

you have a PV inverter configured on the output, that's why it shows that non existing load.

to remove the ac-out box, uncheck 'inverter AC output in use' in the ESS menu

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

teemischer avatar image
teemischer answered ·

thanks for your reply.

I already tried this and it does not work, the result is not what I want, see screenshot:

- it removes the "critical loads" and NOT the AC Loads

- it still shows wrong values in the AC Loads

1593352607901.png (82.6 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

I'm sorry @teemischer

I assumed you meant 'critical loads'

But you still have a PV inverter configured on the output, that's why the numbers don't add up.

0 Likes 0 ·
teemischer avatar image
teemischer answered ·

btw, @Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) I think this is a software bug: If I disable AC Out (as you suggested), then the GX display still shows AC out but not critical Loads anymore. I am running 2.60~29

2 comments
2 |3000

Hi @teemischer

what is your VRM id?

you clearly have a PV inverter on the output, judging by your screenshot... are you sure you don't have loads on the output?

Please make a (simple) diagram of what is connected to what.

the 'ac output in use' checkbox allows the visualization of loads on the input side vs loads on the output (critical loads), when this setting is disabled, you state to not have critical loads (load that is provided power during grid outage)

0 Likes 0 ·
teemischer avatar image teemischer Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

My VRM ID is: https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation/62514/share/baaa1ecc

Simple Diagram: mains -> ACin -> ACout1 -> (loads+inverter)

Meaning:

- Everything is connected to ACout1 ("critical loads"), both my loads and my PV inverter.

- Nothing is connected to ACout2. Not in use. So I want it hidden.

I never stated that I don't have critical loads. Quite the opposite, EVERYTHING is a critical load, this is why everything is connected to ACout1.

What I wrote was: The Victron system does not show the box with critical loads anymore after setting the option you suggested.

So again in screenshots:

A) Option 'inverter AC output in use' checked/ON:

B) Option 'inverter AC output in use' unchecked/OFF:

Spot the differences?

A) Critical Loads box is shown, in B) it is missing.

What I want is: "Critical Loads" are displayed, and "AC Loads" are hidden.

And: AC Loads are wrong readings, nothing is connected to ACout2.

0 Likes 0 ·
1593710011473.png (93.1 KiB)
1593710055647.png (80.5 KiB)
1593710157699.png (79.2 KiB)