question

Vangelis Beligiannis avatar image
Vangelis Beligiannis asked

MPPT state : external control

Hello

I have an MMPT 150/35 connected on a Multiplus5000 with a fronius pv inverter on the ac output.

With the victron connect app i readd the state of the device : External control.

Although I have set the absorbtion voltage to 27,5 V the MPPT continues to give power although the battery voltage is 28,2 V. Is the mppt controlled by something else?

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @vbelijohn

Presumably you're using ESS. Look to your charge settings in the Multi to change them, as those will be what ESS is using, rather than the mppt's.

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ess:design-installation-manual#mppt_solar_charger

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Carlos Carvalho avatar image
Carlos Carvalho answered ·

Hello having similar issue. The system is configured as ESS and max charge of 48V. However the mppt rs 450/100 continues to charge above 48V.... How to control this? I am not using the mppt to avoid damaging batteries as is....

2 |3000