question

Dave Rae avatar image
Dave Rae asked

How do I configure the MPPT pluggable display?

Hello, Setting up of the pluggable display backlight, ON_OFF_AUTO... What does the AUTO mode feature result in? On during the day, off at night? Cheers
pluggable display
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Hi @Drae To the best of my knowledge it is 1. permanently on 2. Permanently off or 3. On with a key press. It does not have a light sensor.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Dave Rae avatar image Dave Rae commented ·
Hello I have it set to AUTO in menu (50) and it's constantly on at present. See what happens when the panels go into darkness, maybe the backlight is constantly on when panels are feeding the MPPT and the AUTO setting is selected. When I selected OFF the backlight turns off after 60sec as stated in the MPPT manual and turns back on with a key press, then off after 60sec. Backlight intensity menu (49) is 0 or 1, 0 being off altogether and 1 being on, so it's not really an intensity level at all as would be expected to in a PWM setting.
0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

You may be onto something, but I never personally checked it since my installation is in another building and I found VRM the better solution or Colour GX which is next to it.

1 comment
2 |3000

Dave Rae avatar image Dave Rae commented ·
Yes just confirmed the backlight has turned off as the panels went into darkness.... Cheers.....
0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic