question

dayandnight avatar image
dayandnight asked

Relay assistant 3-phase ESS with different setings on each Multiplus-II possible

Hello Victronauts!

I am still chasing a solution to control my grid-based PV micro inverters depending on the SOC status of the batteries. I don't want to feed into the grid in case the batteries are full. Somehow it is solved now by network communication with Fronius grid-based PV inverters to get NO-GRID-FEED-IN.

My PV installation are 18 solar panels, each with it's own solar panel micro-inverter INV350-60 from AE-Conversion. Six of those 18 micro inverters are connected to one of the three phase. And for each phase there is one data logger unit installed which is doing monitoring of the six micro-inverters and is able to control the PV power of each of the micro inverters with powerline (PLC) communication, too. It is possible to reduce PV power to following power level:

• 60 %
  • 30 %
  • 0 %

by switching on and off one of the three potential free inputs on the data loggers.

I just need for this idea three relays. My idea: In my 3-phase ESS system, there are three Multiplus-II, each with one own relay. So in total there are three relays.

I know from setting up the ESS system, that for programming correctly the whole ESS system, each Multiplus-II has to be set to the identical ESS-assitant settings. I am wondering if it is allowed to set each of the three different Multiplus-II to different values with the relay assistant and get with this different programmng three individual acting relays for my functionality.

I thought I will set Multiplus-II phase 1 assistant to this values

and will connect the relay of Multiplus phase 1 to the input port for reduction to 0% PV-Power on the PV data loggers.

Multiplus-II phase 2 assistant to this values

and will connect the relay of Multiplus phase 2 to the input port for reduction to 30% PV-Power on the PV data loggers

Multiplus-II phase 3 assistant to this values

and will connect the relay of Multiplus phase 3 to the input port for reduction to 60% PV-Power on the PV data loggers.

What I wanted to know, understand and to ask:

Hardware issues?

As I assume, but not being 100% sure the relay outputs NC | NO | COM of each Multiplus-II should be potential free, so I don't see a technical problem by connecting all three COM-ports together? Even when each of the Multiplus-II are on different phase. In case there might be potential problems on the output port of the relays I can use my own relays which are driven by the multiplus-II relays and have than 100% potential free contacts.

Software issues?

Does it matter or might cause problems to use for each of the three different Multiplus-II different values with the individual relay assistants?

I would be happy to get your inputs and ideas. Do you think or know there can be problems or effects I am not aware off? The question in general is for the different software programming for each Multiplus-II and the wiring between the three Multiplus-II not for the SOC levels. The SOC levels it-selves and the total functionality of NO-GRID-FEED-IN has to be investigated when the system is setup and working.

Thank you for your expertise!

DayAndNight

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic