question

solguy avatar image
solguy asked

Circuit breaker differential switch off with Ecomulti and Sma SunnyBoy

Bonjour

I install One Year before an ECOMULTI with SMA SUNNYBOY at the output, with always the same problem of differential current, cause circuit breaker differential switch. No problem with one device alone with grid on, and no problem without grid off, they work together. But each time the grid come back the differential switch.

At the beginnng we have Error 11 lot of time on the Color Control so we block ESS to use the Ecomulti only to secure one part of the domestical circuit in case of Grid failure, to avoid an each day reconnection . At the last intervention we can resolve this by deconnection of the surge arrester at the output of SMA SB. But the problem come back one week later. At each DC reconnection.

Which cause earth current in Ecomulti ? Is the ecomulti do the earthing of DC part (24V) ?

Is Differential DC current in surge protector could occur with surtension at the ouput of SMA SB due to sequence relay in the ecomulti at the reconnexion, ("Claclacclac" do the Ecomulti at the DC reconnexion) ? Is this sequence normal ? Is the rainny time could have conection with this problem ?

If someone can help me i will be grateful

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) avatar image
Guy Stewart (Victron Community Manager) answered ยท

Hi @solguy,

We now have a good and robust step by step troubleshooting procedure for error 11 related issues.

With qualified electrical supervision please read it very closely, and follow all of the steps:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:ve.bus_error_codes#error_11_-_relay_test_fault_-_installation_error_or_possibly_relay_failure

If everything is on current firmware, the error 11 issue first points to a household wiring, or installation wiring issue, and I would be investigating the cause using that process, as it may help to solve the issue you are experiencing now.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

solguy avatar image
solguy answered ยท

Thanks for your answer .

When we install Ecomulti with Sma SunnyBoy one year before we have the error 11 and differential breaker switch off, we do the update and error 11 disappear but the differential breaker switch off again at each AC reconnection, so we change Ess program to use Ecomulti as an Ups for one part of the DC users, to avoid daily AC reconnection when battery arrive to the limit of discharge of battery fixed by Ess program. At each AC failure the Ecomulti work well with Sma SB but when AC grid come back the problem occur again. If we cut Sma SunnyBoy all is ok , Ecomulti can start normally . If the grid is off Ecomulti work well with Sma SunnyBoy but if the AC come back the differential circuit breaker on AC input of Ecomulti switch off. If I put Ecomulti off with bypass switch on the Sma SunnyBoy work well without switch off of differential circuit breaker. But Ecomulti and Sma SunnyBoy and grid can't work together.

Thanks for your help.

1 comment
2 |3000

Do you have a full line wiring diagram?

0 Likes 0 ยท