question

jgrimm77 avatar image
jgrimm77 asked

ESS using power from grid when not expected

System setup = Quattro 15kVA, grid meter ET112, AC design with flexibility to move some loads between grid power (AC loads in ESS) and Inverter output (Critical Loads in ESS).

When I am running with loads split somewhat between AC loads and Critical loads, the system starts drawing power from grid when the total loads get to around 7-8kW.

When I am running with loads all on inverter output / critical loads, then it only start drawing from grid when the loading approaches 11-12kW.

Ambient temperature for both scenarios is less than 25 deg C.

It's almost as if the inverter does not feed back sufficient for the AC loads at higher loading when the reference is the ET112.

I have only observed this behaviour on the recent FW versions, not with 459.

Any idea what I can do other than keeping all loads on critical? As I only want to use grid power when approaching the overload limits of the Quattro, not well before this stage.

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @jgrimm77

What version fw are you using in the GX-device?

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jgrimm77 avatar image
jgrimm77 answered ·

Hello Daniël Boekel

I am running v2.53 on my Octo.

1 comment
2 |3000

Hi @jgrimm77

Ok, and what grid code are you running? when you change to 'other' does it do the same?

0 Likes 0 ·
jgrimm77 avatar image
jgrimm77 answered ·

I am running Other. I have also tried German with external NS. Both do the same.

Thanks

2 |3000