question

Gerrie Rossouw avatar image
Gerrie Rossouw asked

multi2 error 11 Grid relay

Good day

Just a quick question, if i have a Multi plus 2 inverter and i accidentally chose "other" on my grid code settings, will this cause an error 11 grid relay failure?

I stay in South Africa, will this issue be resolved if i change it to NRS097 setting?

I have gone trough everything and cannot find a fault on the system or electrical work.

The inverter itself is fine as well no issues with the inverter.

Regards

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Gerrie

did you read this document?
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ve.bus:ve.bus_error_codes#error_11_-_relay_test_fault_-_installation_error_or_possibly_relay_failure

this will lead to better answers, like at what step does the test fail?

does the test also fail when nothing is connected to the output?

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Gerrie Rossouw avatar image Gerrie Rossouw commented ·

Hi Daniel

I have went to the document a few times and everything is in order.

Yes i have disconnect all the outputs on the inverters and it still does the same with no loads connected,

The only thing i can notice is that grid code setting.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Gerrie Rossouw commented ·

Hi @Gerrie

No the grid-code setting shouldn't matter.

Please get your distributor or an installer to help you check the system and find what is going wrong.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·
2 comments
2 |3000

Gerrie Rossouw avatar image Gerrie Rossouw commented ·

I have checked this as well, even with no loads connected it still does the same thing.

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ Gerrie Rossouw commented ·

It doesn't matter if loads are connected or not if the line and neutral is reversed at the input and a grid code is selected (AFAIK it doesn't matter what grid code) the relay test will fail.
Only if "none" is selected it doesn't matter if the line and neutral is reversed or not.

0 Likes 0 ·