question

simm day avatar image
simm day asked

Looking for UK ESS Installer domestic on grid - Cryodon

Hi all,

I'm looking for an installer for a pair of Multiplus II 5000 in parallel, 2 MPPT change controls, a Cerbo GX with on grid connection, rolls battery bank - ESS with profiles set up for:

Self consumption
Charge from grid
Sell to grid
Charge from grid with reduced current (for when on emergency generator)

Ideally with it being easy to swap profiles or target battery charges levels by ssh. (I can handle the software side of things, just need to profiles setup correctly)

This will also involve a new consumer unit and some other wiring, to I would assume 19th edition regs.

I don't have the hardware yet but happy to discuss fit only or fit and supply. Solar panels will already be in place and wired (via switched and fused combiners) to where controllers to be installed. Commissioning the batteries would also be preferred

Please let me know of if you or anyone you can recommend can install this - looking for install in the early summer - assuming the lock down is over.

Thanks

ESS
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ยท

How many kWh for the batteries? Have you considered home batteries e.g. LG Resu?

0 Likes 0 ยท
simm day avatar image simm day ejrossouw commented ยท

Rolls 5000 batteries, approx 30Kwh

0 Likes 0 ยท
2 Answers
Dale avatar image
Dale answered ยท

Poweri did mine in Nottingham, I can recommend Paul who installed me and is a co-owner of the company. They operate nationwide as far as I'm aware. However I looked on there website they are currently closed. I would try them they know there stuff as they specialize in renwables.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

simm day avatar image
simm day answered ยท

Unofrtunately Poweri seems closed for business...

2 comments
2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw commented ยท

You can try https://mcscertified.com/ or https://www.flexi-orb.com/ for installers. You may however find it difficult given installers typically won't get involved / certify unless they have done a full end-to-end install of all the components.

0 Likes 0 ยท
simm day avatar image simm day ejrossouw commented ยท

The panels form part of the actual roof (in roof fitting) so I've had done as part of the loft install. I'm happy to discuss them installing the remaining components. I'm not interested in certification as I won't be using feed in - I'm just interested in part P/19th edition compliance and the victron settings done correctly (I'm 99% sure I could set that up myself, but would probably take me 2 days with the docs to be certain of the config - whereas I'm sure someone with the experience would find it an hour or two job)

0 Likes 0 ยท