question

jdavid avatar image
jdavid asked

Help with ESS design

Hi, i am new here, my name is David and write this from Spain.

i need help with my design of a ESS system.

I have 4100w solar panels, sma inverter, two quattro 48/5000, one new, the other with older firmware, that no support ESS systen and parallel running with the new quattro, two banks of bateries ni-cad, 48v 200Ah.

What is the better solution for integrated all together in a ESS system??

thanks a lot

ESS
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jdavid avatar image jdavid commented ·

Sorry, i don’t know this.

0 Likes 0 ·
ejrossouw avatar image ejrossouw jdavid commented ·

No worries at all. These systems can be complex and even dangerous if done wrong so it may be worth visiting a dealer to assist you once the lockdowns are lifted.

0 Likes 0 ·
2 Answers
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Hi @JDAVID The forum guidelines really don't allow for system design questions. I can however suggest to start with defining your requirements clearly e.g. the type of loads, critical and non critical if installing a UPS, maximum and minimum's etc. etc. It can be quite a complex matter as you have to ensure the the batteries can be safely charged in the fastest timeframe with the necessary solar and also power the load I assume. The components you have are unsuitable for parallel connection so the question will be what to do with the second quattro? Hope this helps to get you started, but a system designer will have to have a lot more technical specifications for the equipment to ensure they can configured to work optimally together. Hope this helps.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jdavid avatar image
jdavid answered ·

Sorry , i don’t know this.

2 |3000