question

Paul B avatar image
Paul B asked

3 x Quattro 48/15000 with ess

Hi This sites FW is 469 its 3 x Quattro 15Kw units setup as 3 phase L1 L2 L3

The GX is on Fw 2.53

have been looking at a remote site and I see that the ESS assistant needs updating

I have now updated the ess to all 3 units L1 L2 and L3 using the remote VRM download Ve config

I then upload the new updated file via the VRM upload

however when I re download the setup file to doudle check I find that L1 has indeed been updated to the latest ESS assistant.

But L2 and L3 still have the old ESS Assistant as I get a warning that these assistants are out of date.

I did this twice and made sure all had been updated L1 L2 and L3 but same issue L2 and L3 are not updated.

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Paul B

is it ok if I try the same, so I can report it to the correct people if I can reproduce it?

if so, can you post the site name / id (private)

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Paul B avatar image Paul B commented ·

Hi Daniel, did you find out whats the cause yet

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Paul B commented ·

Hi @Paul B

sorry I missed your message (you didn't @mention me so I wasn't notified)

I just tried what you did (updating assistant), and got the same result...

I did find a work-around: when you safe the config from L1, and load it in L2/L3, it does stick. so your system is now 'up to date' again.

I've asked the developer to look at it.

PS. you can email me directly when you find something like this.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ Paul B commented ·

Hi @Paul B

The error is found, it was in the GX --> VE.bus update routine, when change in the assistant was too small, it wouldn't see the need for updating.

It will be fixed in GX firmware later.

Thanks for reporting this!

0 Likes 0 ·