question

potgieter avatar image
potgieter asked

Ess not equalising

It only show starting but does not proceed in equalisation, i’ve checked the firmware and up-to-date I have a multiplus 48/5000/70, solar charger in Mppt 150/85

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

5 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi; has this been resolved in the mean time? If not; please list the firmware versions that you are using.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

josmeijer avatar image
josmeijer answered ·

@mvader I have a similar/comparable problem with Easy-solar 48/5000/70. As my lead-acid cells are seriously getting out of sync I wanted to perform an equalizing cycle. It was refused (charger not ready). I presumed that (logically) you need full charge to do so, and I changed my settings from 70% minimum SOC to 100%, waited for 100% to display to again get the same message. Further on, although 100% charge is displayed the bulk led stays on.

https://vrm.victronenergy.com/installation/31525/share/c43e4823 for any information on firmware (it should all be the latest)

equalising.jpg (33.1 KiB)
3 comments
2 |3000

Hi @josmeijer, did you try setting the ESS mode to 'keep batteries charged' first?

0 Likes 0 ·
josmeijer avatar image josmeijer Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Nee, en dat was 't dus.....

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ josmeijer commented ·

@josmeijer,

Perfect, thanks for the feed-back

Fijne jaarwisseling!

0 Likes 0 ·
As avatar image
As answered ·

Hello

any news to this eqlx topic

I have the same problem that I can not eqlx my system

also it is only manuelly

before we use the mppt series time to eqlx every 15 days

if any news it would be perfect

BR

Huhu

2 |3000

gavin-andrews avatar image
gavin-andrews answered ·

I have the same problem @Potgieter. Hangs on "starting" when I try to run equalisation from the CGX. I've also tried using the switch sequence on the front panel buttons. Charger was in Float mode, firmware up to date. Has anyone found a solution?

Easysolar 48/5000/70-100, CGX, BMV, lead acid batteries, off grid with solar input only.

3 comments
2 |3000

If you don't have AC input, you have to equalize with the MPPT, not with the inverter (Multi)

See manual of MPPT for how to do this.

0 Likes 0 ·
As avatar image As Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Good morning Daniel,

thank you for this information. but how we can Eqlz via MPPT when this is in ESS mode and controled via Multi+CCGX

before ESS we have the possibility to config the MPPT with the App every 15 or 30 days Eqlz automaticaly but now we do not have this funktion yet.

If we can add this time setting to the CCGX and make sure the manuely Eqlz, it will be a very good tool as like the MPPT

many thanks and BR

HuHu

0 Likes 0 ·

Hi HuHu,

An off-grid system = not an ESS system, in an ESS system your Multi / Quattro does the equalizing, in an off-grid system the MPPT's (or when you have a generator, you can use the Multi)

0 Likes 0 ·
gavin-andrews avatar image
gavin-andrews answered ·

Thanks for your discussions, which explain why my equalisation is not working (offgrid). Please can you show me where I can run the equalisation from the MPPT menu?

7 comments
2 |3000

Hi Gavin, is this not in the manual?

0 Likes 0 ·
gavin-andrews avatar image gavin-andrews Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

I can find manual entries for the stand alond Blue Solar MPPT controllers, which indicate that equalasation can be started through Victron Connect. The MPPT in the EasySolar does not appear to be compatible with Victron Connect. The only access I have to MPPT options is through the CGX, which has no options for equalisation.

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ gavin-andrews commented ·

Hi @Gavin Andrews

The MPPT in the Easysolar is compatible with Victron Connect.

You'll need a ve.direct - USB cable to configure if you don't have the 'Smartsolar' with bluetooth.

But as you'll have configured the MPPT I assume you'll have that cable already?

0 Likes 0 ·
gavin-andrews avatar image gavin-andrews Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ commented ·

Thanks Daniel. Apologies for stupid questions; I am a user of this technology, not a technician. But I need to learn it as I am fairly remote.

I think I understand now. My MPPT does not appear to have bluetooth, which is why I was saying it did not seem to be compatible with Victron Connect.

I don't have a cable since I didn't do the installation. I recently discovered I need a MK3-USB cable in order to update the firmware on my Multiplus. Can that be used for the MPPT as well, or do I need to buy both cables?

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ gavin-andrews commented ·

Hi @Gavin Andrews

That's a different cable indeed.

To add to confusion: updating the MPPT firmware can be done through VRM (if you have the CCGX connected to internet), but settings cannot (yet) be changed trough the CCGX (they will in the feature).

0 Likes 0 ·

what would the time frame on that update be?

0 Likes 0 ·