question

luis avatar image
luis asked

Set a Load Following strategy

I have an ESS system and would like to set a Load Following strategy in the CCGX. I charge the batteries during the night and would like (in that order of preference):

1) Set an maximum power available from grid and supply the remaining power from the batteries

2) Set a fix power value for the batteries to supply along the day

How could I configure it?

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Riaan Barkhuizen avatar image
Riaan Barkhuizen answered ·

Hi @Luis

For your first question:

"1) Set an maximum power available from grid and supply the remaining power from the batteries "

You can setup the "grid-set point" = Amount of watts to be used from the grid.

(Remember this is only a setpoint so the system will exceed this value to keep the lights on from time to time depending on your specific setup)

NB: You will also need a grid meter to achieve this or have the total load connected below/downstream of the inverter/charger.

For your second question:

2) Set a fix power value for the batteries to supply along the day

You can limit the maximum draw from the battery by doing the following settings

1) Limit inverter power = enabled.

2) Maximum inverter power = maximum draw from battery while the power is on.

Let me know if I understood the question.

Best regards

Riaan

1578589009767.png (24.0 KiB)
2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

luis avatar image luis commented ·

Thanks for your answer Riaan. Point 2) is solved but for 1) what will happen when my batteries are empty and I set 3000 kW from Grid and consume 5000 kW?

0 Likes 0 ·
Riaan Barkhuizen avatar image Riaan Barkhuizen luis commented ·

Hi @Luis, unfortunately, if the battery is empty and there is not enough solar power then you will be using 5000 irrespective of the target grid set-point.

0 Likes 0 ·