question

ehsab avatar image
ehsab asked

Should the system export to grid under theese conditions?

Hi,

Should a ESS system export to grid when ESS mode is Keep batteries charged and no solar is available?

I might be misreading the console, but is negative power not exporting to the grid?

Kind Regards

M

ESS
1575878962200.png (47.0 KiB)
1575878977653.png (47.0 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ยท

@ehsab The ESS is constantly trying to keep import from grid at zero if so configured, however fluctuations and spikes in consumption do result in occasional brief export as the system is trying to adjust to e.g. turning a kettle off etc. The number is very small and typically it is advised to set the grid set point to about 50W in larger system to counter this. Overall you are pulling 170W from grid so it looks fine to me. Is this a constant or does it fluctuate between pos and neg and what is the highest value?

PS - My ESS can see very brief values of up to 1800W, but it hardly amount to anything in the long term.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

ehsab avatar image ehsab commented ยท

Hi and thanks for your reply.

It fluctuates, so most of the time its all showinf positive power from the grid, but sometimes there is negative in one of the phases.

I'm still new to the ESS and Quattro so im learning day by day.

I still have not connected anything on the output yet, need some more confiration and cables before i do that.

Will soon connect a PV array also, a Fronius AC coupled one.

0 Likes 0 ยท