question

evhaandel avatar image
evhaandel asked

ESS not possible in the Netherlands, at least not without certification?

A Victron dealer (stroomwinkel-dot-nl) told me that none of the Victron charger/inverter combinations are certified for ESS usage in the Netherlands. Can anybody from Victron confirm or deny this? Seems a bit odd for a Dutch company not to have this in place.

And what if an ESS installation with a non-certified Victron product is used in the Netherlands, what could be the consequence?

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hello, The Netherlands doesnt have a dedicated gridcode (so there isnt one to select in the Ve Configure program). Normally the German grid code is used for this. So yes its not certified but also there isnt something to be certified in either. So please select the German gridcode or have a ENS installed in line with the Multi.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

patricknl avatar image patricknl commented ·
And which setting for Germany? Internal NS and Type B I presume? This Way It will use the internal protection and the more used Type B protection...?

Figuring out all the correct settings for my Multiplus II 3-phase setup that I'm going to install this month. The grid settings are a bit more complicated compared to when I hooked up my offgrid campervan (600W solar, 1600W inverter, 150/45 MPPT, Orion Smart and a battery monitor), the DC side is way easier...

0 Likes 0 ·
Paul avatar image
Paul answered ·

@Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) Is this situation still the same since The Netherlands is "applying/following" the Belgian Synegrid regulations when concerning grid-connected inverters feeding into the grid shortly.

I still went for the German setting in order to get the ESS working anyhow since LOM is still watching the safety in case of a mains outage.

2 |3000

Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hello,

Yes I am afraid there has been no change in this

2 |3000