question

jurycoetzee avatar image
jurycoetzee asked

Changing ESS mode to prepare for load shedding (charging)

I am new to ESS hence the question. Is it possible to change ESS mode using an external switch input? Similar to the Winter mode switch in Hub 2. We have frequent occurrences of load shedding in South Africa so while I will be configuring the ESS system to run in optimized mode I would like someone to, with the use of a switch, to be able to switch to "Keep Batteries Charged" when loadshedding is announced/forecasted. I know I can play around with minimum SOC etc, but this used to be a quick and elegant way to do it in the past. No need to delve through menus to get to the setting.

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @jury.coetzee@gmail.com

It can be controlled externally (ESS mode 2), but for your situation, I think the easiest thing to do is set up a 'scheduled charge' for all possible load-shedding time windows, and switch on the appropriate scheduled charge options.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.