question

deannich avatar image
deannich asked

smart solar mppt 75/15 not charging

Springdale Solar 200 TT system about 2 yrs old stored inside during winter. Did not notice if charging after taking out of storage, don't know when it stopped. Voltage at mppt PV 38+ (early morning) LiFePO4 battery shows 14.21. 0 watts, 0 amps. Does not show correct voltage since using meter at mppt and at battery both show 13.31. PV voltage seems to show correctly. Switched to original LA battery changed setting to Gel Victron deep discharge(1) and same results. Battery voltage still incorrect, shows 13. 58 while actual voltage 12.2, battery state FLOAT

Still newbie at this stuff so now my newbie questions after reading many posts
1) Under battery settings does Turn Charging Off turn off the MPPT or just stops power to battery?

1.a) How do you turn off MPPT and or reset it?

2) Load output OFF. This is used only when you have a different terminal, TX I think, connected?

MPPT SmartSolar
6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Deannich

Check the fuse

Switching the charger off just stops power from pv going down to the battery. The mppt remains on so you can change settings.

1 Like 1 ·
deannich avatar image deannich commented ·
Thanks Alexandra!

Can not find a fuse. If it were a fuse between PV and MPPT why would the voltage be 36-38 VDC? Far as I can tell PV is directly wired to MPPT and the MPPT is connected to Giggy box then to battery. Seems Giggy box has auto-resetting breakers. Not sure how I would tell if one of those was disabled. But if it was why can I measure correct battery voltage on MPPT?

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ deannich commented ·

@Deannich ????

fuse.png

0 Likes 0 ·
fuse.png (586.8 KiB)

@klim8skeptic Not sure what configuration pins do. Can not find in manual. Had to put TT back in storage, HOA rules you know. Will get it later this week but I don't remember seeing any pins.

0 Likes 0 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ deannich commented ·
@Deannich Did you see the fuse?????

If it had teeth it would rip you arm off!

0 Likes 0 ·

@klim8skeptic

Hmmm. Actually looked for it yesterday but did not see it, getting old must be blind. Took the bottom cover off, may have forgot to look :-) Will look again when I can get to the TT.

Thanks for your patience and wisdom!

0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers