question

activate avatar image
activate asked

Cerbo GX power in

Hello,

Today my Multiplus II 48/5000/70 arrives together with the Cerbo GX.

The battery will be delivered later, how do I connect the CerboGX to the voltage (8-70VDC) since there is no battery yet?

Thanks for the advice!
ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

You shouldn't run the system without a battery.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

activate avatar image
activate answered ·

Thanks for the answer Kevgermany.

I don't want to run it at this moment, just programm it.?

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·
Wait for the battery.
0 Likes 0 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image
Kevin Windrem answered ·

You can run the Cerbo off a 12 volt power supply -- the "wall wart" kind would be sufficient if rated 1 amp or more.

Of course any voltage in the specified range would also work.

As others have said, don't attempt to run the Multi without a battery.

2 |3000

Alex Pescaru avatar image
Alex Pescaru answered ·

Hi All,

You all say: "don't run it without battery"...

Considering the hardware design, can you kindly please explain why?...

Because, without connecting any loads, and even you do, without battery, it's just a big 48VDC power supply, with a classic transformer.

For example, APC/Schneider UPSes, with the same topology and hardware design, have a live battery exchange feature. You take the battery out and replace it live, without powering off the UPS/inverter.

If you want, I will search the patents for it and post it here. From what I remember is something around mid 1990s.

Thank you,

Alex

2 |3000