question

yeoman-24 avatar image
yeoman-24 asked

Big solar panel on camper conversion. What MPPT??

Hi folks. I live in Gloucestershire in the UK. I am doing a camper conversion on a LWB Fiat Ducato and I’m looking for a big solar panel as I have to power an 8amp piece of medical machinery for 9 hours a day. I’m looking at something like a 565 watt JA solar panel, supported across and fixed to 3 roof rack bars.

I intend to run it through a Victron Smart 100/50 MPPT to a 280 amp Fogstar Drift lithium battery.

Would that MPPT be sufficient and any other advice would be much appreciated

Solar panel spec is HERE

Thanks Simon

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

Hi Simon, welcome to the Community!

The solar panel spec is not there in fact, but you can use Victron's MPPT Calculator to answer your questions! https://www.victronenergy.com/mppt-calculator

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
@Yeoman_24

Also make sure you have a properly configured mains connection, there will be parts of the year when the panel is inadequate. A Multiplus is what you need. Or the integrated EasySolar range which has an MPPT and a Multiplus. .

Huge amount of info on Greg Virgo's YouTube channel.

0 Likes 0 ·