question

niemipt avatar image
niemipt asked

SmartSolar MPPT 75/10 bluetooth reset using VE.direct USB

I bought a second hand Mink Camper and it seems that the bluetooth PIN is not the default (000000). SmartSolar is in a place where I cannot access the nuts behind it without drilling off riveted stuff so it's hard to get to see the PUK.

1. Is it possible to reset bluetooth PIN using VE.Direct USB dongle (Reset to defaults)?

2. Is there any other way to get the PUK code?

I don't have an usb dongle but those doesn't seem to be that expensive. I just hate the idea to get something for one time use.

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The BlueSolar doesn't have Bluetooth.

Is there a VE.direct Bluetooth dongle connected to it?
If yes, there is a "clear PIN" button, press it 5 seconds and the PIN will be reset to default.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

niemipt avatar image niemipt commented ·

Sorry, I messed up with the models. Mine is SmartSolar which should have bluetooth. At least I can find that with my iPhone :)

I edited the original question.

0 Likes 0 ·
Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ niemipt commented ·

The bluetooth dongle won't reset the internal one. But will allow access to the programming if that is what you needed. Unfortunately not smart the network settings either.

And as far as i am aware the usb to ve direct also wont allow the BT pin reset.

The puk is the only way to reset. Pity a small sticker wasn't put somewhere semi visible for the actual pin.

0 Likes 0 ·