question

charless avatar image
charless asked

New installation problem

image.jpg

I have a domestic 4 kW solar system. I have just added a Victron multiplus II 48v with a pylontech US 5000 battery. The bulk and absorption lights are flashing on the Victron multiplus II and the load and the bulk on the app are going up equally the same kilowatts as the solar panels output, My electrician is not familiar with Victron. Would anybody be able to advise? Many thanks here’s a photo of how it’s been wired in. I hope it makes sense.

multipluss ii
image.jpg (1.1 MiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Duivert NL avatar image
Duivert NL answered ·

Is the system configured at all?

Wich multiplus is it? 3k/5k? With a 3k multiplus 2 4k pv inverter is to big

Where is the et112 connected to? Looks wrong on the picture?

Where is you bms connected to? On your drawing it says ve bus on multi, thats wrong should be can bms on cerbo

Please get help from a victron reseller/installer, you could potentially damage a lot…

6 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

charless avatar image charless commented ·

Thanks for the response

The multiplus II is configured and it’s a 5k the PV inverter is 3.6k

The ETA112 is in the fuse box. Pretty sure that’s installed right, my bad drawing.

The installer is experienced with Solar and batteries (give energy), just not with Victron products.

Couldn’t find any detailed wiring schematics for domestic system, lots of off grid diagrams I’ve got.

Many thanks

0 Likes 0 ·
Duivert NL avatar image Duivert NL charless commented ·
Better take a look at the link below from

Pwfarnell, section 7 there is a perfect example drawing similar of your system except the et112,

the et112 should be xonnected to usb on cerbo via a victron usb to rs485 interface

From the drawing you made i see a lot of wrong connections!

0 Likes 0 ·
charless avatar image charless Duivert NL commented ·
Many thanks all advice is much appreciated. I’ll keep you posted
0 Likes 0 ·
charless avatar image charless charless commented ·
Thanks that drawing sounds perfect for me to have a look at. Unfortunately I couldn’t see the link if you could send it again, that would be great.
0 Likes 0 ·
Thanks that drawing sounds perfect for me to have a look at. Unfortunately I couldn’t see the link if you could send it again I’d appreciate it.
0 Likes 0 ·
Sorry, I’ve just found the link. Cheers
0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Have you read the Victron Pylontech compatability and set up notes

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

1 comment
2 |3000

Alexandra avatar image Alexandra ♦ commented ·

@Charless

Also get your settings sorted on the GX.

Do t worry about what lights are flashing whatever. Use the GX to tell what is going on.

1 Like 1 ·

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic