question

pondy avatar image
pondy asked

Changing load output on Victron Connect does nothing (MPPT 75/10)

Changing the load output settings on Victron Connect appears to do nothing at all. I'm trying to use a user-defined load cut off, but the voltage goes below that point and just doesn't get cut.

Then hitting "always off" doesn't do anything either. It just keeps running. The only way to get it to stop is to reset all settings (and even doing that sometimes doesn't work).

I'm running a bilge pump - have read some stuff about the initial load potentially being an issue - but that seems to be affecting people by them not being able to get it to run. I have the opposite problem, it never stops.

Anyone have any idea what's going on?

MPPT SmartSolar
5 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

snoobler avatar image snoobler commented ·
You can't exceed the rating of the load ports. Electric motors typically have a 4-5X surge vs. run. I would speculate the surge current of the pump has "welded" the contactor closed making its operation unreliable.

2 Likes 2 ·
pondy avatar image pondy snoobler commented ·
Thanks for your thoughts. Is that fixable do you think (presume not)?
0 Likes 0 ·
snoobler avatar image snoobler pondy commented ·
Probably not.
1 Like 1 ·
klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
@Pondy Do you have the bilge pump negative connected to the load out negative? (And not the batt neg?).
1 Like 1 ·
pondy avatar image pondy klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·
I do yeah, is that correct? Or is that something I should change?
0 Likes 0 ·
0 Answers