question

joshua Richard Sabuni avatar image
joshua Richard Sabuni asked

Intermittent Temperature Light on Quattro Units in Three-Phase Island Configuration

Hello Victron Community,

I have a setup with three 8kW Quattro units configured for three-phase operation, connected with a Fronius Symo 15kVA in an island configuration. The system has been working well overall, but I’ve noticed an intermittent issue that I’m hoping to get some advice on.

Issue: During the day, I randomly observe the temperature light on one of the Quattro units (sometimes on the first phase unit, other times on the third phase unit) briefly lighting up and then going off. This happens sporadically and doesn't seem to follow a specific pattern.

Details of My Setup:

• Three 8kW Quattro units in a three-phase configuration
  • Fronius Symo 15kVA inverter
  • Island configuration (off-grid setup)
  • The system is working fine otherwise, with no noticeable performance issues

Questions:

1. What could be causing the temperature light to come on intermittently for a short period?
  2. Are there any specific diagnostics or checks I should perform to determine if this is a potential issue that needs addressing?
  3. Could this be related to load balancing or some interaction between the Quattro units and the Fronius inverter?
  4. Are there recommended steps to ensure optimal cooling or ventilation for the Quattro units in an island setup?

Any insights or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance for your help!

island mode
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic