question

Rasmus Mikkelsen avatar image
Rasmus Mikkelsen asked

Turn off/on DESS with node red?

Hi all

Would this be possible to make with Node red? Curious because I've never used it before.

Here is the story behind my "problem".

My main thing is that when running dynamic ESS I've set minimum SoC to 20% to always have some reserve. Because with an electric car, it sometimes messes up the target SoC. For example this night I found the system tapping from the grid basically from midnight to morning when I noticed it. That is while still having 20% backup in reserve.

This was propably (most likely) due to me having to drive a bit longer yesterday than usual, so needed an extra few kWh to charge the car. Or the forecast was off.

So I wanted the system to do something like this: Turn off DESS when SoC% hits 20%, and reenable when above 20% again. Because hitting this limit (Minimum SoC unless grid fails) will make the system tap from grid. Grid here is so stable, and also if grid ever fails my system has to shut down with the grid to protect who ever is working on fixing the problem.

And I know its not much, but even 1kwh bought from grid annoys me a bit when I have plenty left :)

Is something like this possible with node red?

I have never tried it, and have no experience with it.

Thanks

/Rasmus

Node-REDdynamic ess
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
zonnigbreda avatar image
zonnigbreda answered ·

Yes, that is possible. See this very simple flow is how you can change the dess.

In your case, you will need to have an input node with the SOC% and a switch & change node or function to send the value to the /settings/dynamicESS/Mode

1714980035383.png

1714980035383.png (83.1 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Rasmus Mikkelsen avatar image Rasmus Mikkelsen commented ·
Thank you very much :-)
0 Likes 0 ·