question

Andreas Würstle avatar image
Andreas Würstle asked

Most efficient and cost-effective charge controller for 18x Trina Solar Vertex S+ 435watts

Hello,

I am looking for the most efficient and cost effective split of Victron solar charge controllers for my 18x Trina Solar Vertex S+ 435watts in a 48v system. Three rows of 6 modules per row are to be installed on the roof.

I am currently thinking of using 3x SmartSolar MPPT 150/45 where I connect 2 in series and 3 in parallel for each SmartSolar MPPT 150/45.

Another solution would be using 2x SmartSolar MPPT 250/60 Tr where I connect 3 in series and 3 in parallel for each SmartSolar MPPT 250/60 Tr.

An alternative here could be the SmartSolar MPPT 250/70 Tr with VE.Can. Although I'm not sure whether VE.Can would have that much added value.

Regards
Andreas

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

Please use the Victron MPPT calculator. It's linked on this page.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Andreas Würstle avatar image
Andreas Würstle answered ·

I have used this and these are the configurations I get. However, I would be very happy to hear about personal experiences and recommendations.

2 |3000