question

code-chief avatar image
code-chief asked

EV Charger NS with fixed Type 2 cable or modification possible?

I was happy to see the new "NS" model looking more modern, then disappointed when I realized it still has a Type 2 plug instead of a fixed cable. Most chargers on the market have fixed cables or options for them.

Suggestion - Provide an option/conversion for the NS version, so the plug in the middle is just a storage mount for the car end of the Type 2 cable, still wrapped around the case but with no plug-end, instead wired-in through the bottom of the device. In this configuration, AC would come in via the entry point at the back.

Question - Could an existing EV Charger NS be modified this way? I saw this video in which, if you look carefully, it seems this modification has already been done on the generation 1 charger. The NS version/generation 2 has a secondary casing inside, not so easy to modify.

20240430-142224.jpg20240424-103834.jpg20240424-110510.jpg

The plug section does unscrew separately so could be replaced by a DIY 3D printed holder for the cable end. Options to route the charging cable outside appear to be either drilling a hole at the bottom of the inner casing, or less invasive to find a compatible double-row screw terminal block upgrade for where the AC input is attached.

ev charger ns
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic