question

donnie-solar avatar image
donnie-solar asked

Does the Solar Charge controller MPPT 100 / 20 have a stabilized load output?

I need a stabilized 12 volt DC load output for my wifi enabled switch relays. Do the load terminals on the Victron MPPT 100 / 20 provide this??

For example the battery is charged to 13.2 volts DC will the charge controller decrease the voltage and only send 12 volts to the load terminals?

Also if the battery is at 11.50 volts will it step it up (increase) to 12 volts DC to the load terminals?

I found that there are products on the market that do this which are wired directly to the battery but I would rather use the load output on the charge controller instead of buying another device. The products are called

DC - DC Stabilizer 9V-36V to 12V Boost Buck Converter 20A 240W Automatic Step Up / Down Voltage Regulator 12V Volt Transformer Module

Thanks

MPPT SmartSolar
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

No, the load output is powered by the battery so load-out voltage = battery voltage.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.