question

burgstra avatar image
burgstra asked

Dynamic ESS; limit charging to keep MPPT at max

Hi together,

I have a Multiplus GX, PV-Inverter on AC-IN, Pylontech 5000 and a Smart MPPT with Dynamic ESS.

My Challenge:

Presently my issue: once SoC is >97% the MPPT gets regulated down to 0 W.

I would like to limit or stop charging from AC-IN at SoC 85% to keep space for my MPPT to charge.

Manually I found a solution:

1) Set Properties "Dynamic ESS to SELL to Grid"

2) Limit the inverter power to the 0 Watt

2b) If SoC is 100% then limit inverter power to the MPTT-Actual

Now my question:

As I have Dynamic ESS active, Could someone give me a hint which Node-Red functions could be used to do step 1) and 2).

MPPT SmartSolardynamic essess discharging
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

in the new 510 fw for the multiplus/quattro there is a new selection in the configuation file to help here

so update the fw and set this

note that its not recomended for ess systems but just be aware its there.

1712976838236.png

1712976838236.png (136.0 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

burgstra avatar image burgstra commented ·
Great thanks, I'll try this out and give Feedback; I'm wondering what the technical reason for this warning in ESS use ist.
0 Likes 0 ·
burgstra avatar image
burgstra answered ·

Hi I'm back from trying this settings. Unfortunatly the limit internal charger does not have the desired output. It reduces the AC-Charging perfectly, but it also limits at the same time the PV charger. (for Pylontech I used 50.9V as limit Voltage)img-4422.pngSo I'm back to my starting question. Is there any way how I can give via Node Red or MQTT a command; start selling; setpoint: how much to be sold while keeping dynamic ESS active.

img-4422.png (269.9 KiB)
2 |3000

palom170 avatar image
palom170 answered ·

Hello, I am really so sorry for my bad English. What you want to do is possible using an assistant called control limit charge or similar.

It uses the aux what you chooses and when you close the contact it doesn’t charge. It is configurable in the assistant.

Have a look to that assistant. You can start using the default values.

Try it!

2 comments
2 |3000

burgstra avatar image burgstra commented ·

I just looked up the Assistent - "charge current control". It also seems to limit the DC-charging. But I look for limit the charging from AC1 in order to allow the DC charger to charge at MPPT.charge-current.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
charge-current.jpg (75.1 KiB)
palom170 avatar image palom170 burgstra commented ·

No, I use it, it only limit the charger of the multiplus.

0 Likes 0 ·