question

hoverjocki avatar image
hoverjocki asked

MPPT 100/30 in bulk but never goes above float voltage

My 100/30 MPPT is in bulk all day and the voltage never goes above the float voltage.

I’ve checked all wiring, connections and settings, all good.

img-2021.png

I’ve reset the controller and reprogrammed, removed power over night and yet it won’t reach 14.40 even with 30 amps going in to the batteries and average of 400watts.

Batteries checkout with all voltages matching.

Any ideas?

MPPT SmartSolar
img-2021.png (426.7 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

then the battery still needs charging float will only activate as per your settings when the battery voltage reaches 14.4 for 2 hrs then it will change to float.

if the battery is taking all the amps ie 30 amps then when its full the voltage will rise. the controler has NO control over when it will start rising.

sugest you add another charge source to boost the battery charging.

or the loads are higher or equal to the amps being generated by the solar

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

hoverjocki avatar image hoverjocki commented ·
I have 2x370w panels each on their own mppt 100/30 charger.

I found 2 wires that come from the chargers to the battery via a bus bar, burnt at the ring terminals so I’ve replaced all those wires and bus bar.

Before if I saw 200w+ from the panels it would go to 14.40 but since this incident regardless of higher watts from the panels and amps the voltage in the batteries never goes above 13.45.

0 Likes 0 ·
kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ hoverjocki commented ·

Were the wires burnt at the MPPT end or the battery end?

You'll need to check that all the connections are clean, properly made. And that the wires are suitable for the current and voltage.

0 Likes 0 ·