question

Marc Heymans avatar image
Marc Heymans asked

Pylontech and ESS

My system is not fully charging my pylontech battery. ESS and DVCC are both active and even when grid is available the system goes to about 95% SOC and goes into Idle. In ESS I have selected "keep batteries charged" for about 36 hours now.

Limit Charge Voltage and Current in DVCC are both UNCHECKED

Would love some suggestions please.

ESS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@Marc Heymans

On some of the Pylontec firmware this seems to be a thing.

The target charged voltages are met but their sync seems to be out.

If your firmware on the Victron stuff is up to date and you have programmed according to the guide and the target charge voltages are met then you will be fine.

In the battery parameters and details does everything look right there? No cells out of balance? They should be balanced/balancing above 90% SOC.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Marc Heymans avatar image Marc Heymans commented ·

@Alexandra Thank you for your prompt response. I believe that the settings in the Multiplus are all correct (the system has been operating well for about 2 years) although in the GX device the settings get changed quite a bit by the customer (SOC and battery life status) I have asked him to stop fiddling so am hoping the system will settle over the next few days. Firmware on the Cerbo is up to date

.When I am next on that area will check the firmwares on all the batteries

Once again, thank you for your input

0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Best is to check the min/max cell voltages and see how far they are out. It happens, and if the end-user is mucking about and preventing regular full charging it can throw them off a bit.

If it persists, might be worth checking that nothing has become loose and lead to voltage drop, though you should be able to check remotely if the various devices agree.

2 |3000

Marc Heymans avatar image
Marc Heymans answered ·

@nickdb thanks for this, I will look at the cell voltages and do a physical check when I am next there (its 450 km away!)

Thank you for your input, it is greatly appreciated.

2 |3000